Sunday, October 20, 2013

18 weeks - excitement and disappointment


This week was full of ups and downs! We were very excited for our mid-pregnancy ultrasound, and decided to take our little man with us so he can see baby too. We arrived only to be sent home because the ultrasound machine was broken and they said we'd have to wait another week or so. Boo. Wish they had called before we kept John home from school and before I drank the required 32 oz. of water. 


So we're back to waiting. In the mean time, our little one is growing fast. She is big enough that I find it really uncomfortable when she rolls over, which she seems to enjoy doing. She spent the past few days laying horizontally, low in my pelvis, making me even more awkward than normal. 
Her kicks are getting stronger, and though Craig has felt her several times, John finally felt her for the first time this week. He was a little freaked out and a lot excited. 

We also started the process of putting her room together over the weekend. We have been using our third bedroom for a guest room and junk storage, but I spent a good chunk of the weekend sorting through it. Several trash bags, and one huge Goodwill trip later, we've managed to get the guest bed into the corner, the closet empty, and the crib where it belongs. Of course, i'm going to have to move it all to paint, once we figure out what we're really having. 























WEEK 18 INTERVIEW


BABY’S SIZE? A mango

DAYS UNTIL NEXT DOC APPOINTMENT? 23

TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN/LOSS? 4 pounds up.

MATERNITY CLOTHES? Yes.

STRETCH MARKS? No new ones so far.

SLEEP: Sleep is my long lost friend. I'm thinking of moving to the couch, or guest room, or anywhere else to attempt a better nights sleep. 

BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK: John's face when she kicked his hand. shock, excitement, and a little freaked out. 

MOVEMENT: Yep, lots of crazy kicking, and tons of rolling over, which doesn't feel so nice for me. I'm able to feel my belly and find her head/rump, though I can't yet tell which is which. 

FOOD CRAVINGS: Turkey sandwiches from Quiznos with mozzarella, tomatoes and lettuce. Sugar cookies.

ANYTHING MAKE YOU QUEASY OR SICK? Parmesan cheese.

belly and find her head/rump, though I can't yet tell which is which. 

HAVE YOU STARTED TO SHOW YET? a long long time ago, it seems. Now i'm starting to lean back when I walk, and when I drop something I can be seen devising a plan of attack before attempting to retrieve it. Craig has been mocking me. 
MISSING ANYTHING? sleep. going 24-hours without a neck ache.

GENDER? We're still thinking this is a girl. 

LABOR SIGNS? nope.

BELLY BUTTON: In tact, getting really shallow.

WEDDING RINGS ON OR OFF? on. 

HAPPY OR MOODY MOST OF THE TIME? Mostly happy, but can be irritated in a snap.

WEEKLY SYMPTOMS:itchy legs, no matter how much lotion I apply. Headaches, and exhaustion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment