Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Box of Rocks

These past few weeks have been a complete whirlwind - I don't even know how much time has passed since the first random conversation with Jenna about her ribs popping out to sitting with her at the doctor's appointment diagnosing her with cancer...and here we are now - she's in surgery and I'm waiting (not so patiently) to get an update from Craig.

I have tried to remain calm throughout this process - Jenna has always been such a solid support system when I needed her to be - so I did my best to return that favor....but let's be real...we're all scared. The thought of someone we all love being sick is terrifying - especially someone as intense and strong as Jenna.

So - my attempts at being brave have been completely lost as of last night - when I think it all finally sunk in...I feel like I swallowed a box of rocks and they have decided to camp out in my throat. If Jenna were reading this right now - she would tell me to relax and stop being so dramatic!

To avoid any further suspense - I must say - I do not have an update yet, but am writing only to tell people that...the only thing harder than waiting to hear news is people asking "Hey...have you heard anything yet?" (don't worry - I would be doing the same thing).

BUT...Craig sent me a picture of our beautiful Jenna as she was being brought back to surgery that I thought I would share.

We should have an update shortly....keep the positive thoughts/prayers (whatever it is you believe in) coming her way!


(Jenna created some great sigs for me - that I can't find...so....)

Talk to you soon -

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment