Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A series of tests.

After my appointment at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance this morning, my care team was able to schedule an MRI for this afternoon, so I wouldn't have to make a second trip to Seattle. Yay!

The MRI was a claustrophobic experience, and I can't say I want to repeat it. The machine sounds like it is going to fall apart, and i'm told that is what its supposed to sound like. On the up side, the techs put on an awesome Pandora country station for me to listen to while stuck in the machine for more than 30 minutes.

Tomorrow morning, I will visit the University of Washington Medical Center to have a PET Scan, which will measure the amount of glucose my tumor is absorbing. Combined with the MRI and biopsy samples, my Dr. will have a much better idea what we are dealing with, and how to treat it.

We're scheduled to come back to Seattle next Tuesday to discuss treatment plans and start scheduling.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment